We are ecstatic to announce that Heartland Enterprises is now AS9100D certified. The achievement of this milestone was a team effort driven by our quality assurance manager.
While there are many reasons we decided to pursue the AS9100D certification the primary reason simply is that it will make us better. Heartland’s primary objectives have been and will continue to be;
- Taking care of our customer
- Taking care of our employees.
AS9100 widely adopted and standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry will propel Heartland to the next level as a leader in the machining of highly engineer parts. The new standard will help up better achieve our primary objectives of continuously meeting the needs and objectives of our customer and employees in the following ways;
- Increased customer satisfaction: The AS9100 standard requires a focus on understanding customer requirements so that we can better meet their needs.
- Raising the bar: AS9100 is the internationally recognized standard for Quality Management Systems for aerospace companies and it is the default expectation for customers.
- Improved decision-making: AS9100 embeds our top management into the Quality Management System, and champions making decisions based on evidence and data rather than vague attitudes.
- Increased efficiency: AS9100 is based on the process approach to understanding how we provide products and services, and emphasizes understanding how these processes interact.
- Engaging employees: By defining and mapping the processes, and involving the people within those processes in the activity, we will not only ensure that our processes are functioning as expected, but we can engage our workforce towards the goals of process improvement and customer satisfaction.
- More robust supplier relationships: By focusing on mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers, we will find ways to work together in order to improve customer satisfaction.
- Habitual improvement: One of the principles that is ingrained into the AS9100 requirements is the need to find ways to make the management system incrementally better over time, a process called continual improvement. By making improvement a part of our daily business, we can harness the power of our engaged workforce and focus them on finding ways to make the processes that they are involved in better, faster, and cheaper to run.
As one of only ~10,000 certified organization world wide Heartland looks to expand on our past success while taking care of employees and old and new customers alike.