Quality is central to Heartland’s efforts. Quality is assured by our dedicated team and AS9001D / ISO9001:2015 certified quality system. We utilize a robust quality manual which outlines our quality control processes in detail. This ensures we meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders including statutory and regulatory requirements related to any product we produce. Additionally, our highly experienced workforce is supported by the following quality tools and processes:
- Stable manufacturing processes and inspection test plans for parts
- Quality department with over 1,000 manual inspection tools
- Gage track software to ensure inspection tools are calibrated
- Corrective and preventative actions improve quality, safety, and productivity
- A Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Every part goes through rigourous inspections throughout production
Heartland leadership meets weekly to track and discuss on time deliveries, scrap, and deviations. The same team also meets quarterly to evaluate quality performance and customer satisfaction. A commitment to continuous improvement in all areas of the business insures high quality and productivity levels.
Proper documentation of all orders occurs including: an agreed upon delivery date, the correct revision number of each part, the purchase order number, and appropriate drawings. Additionally, identification and traceability is maintained as necessary. Drawings and quality control documents for each order are retained for a minimum of 10 years.
All orders released to the plant floor have process checks throughout the production cycle, including quality control first part quality checks on each shift. If a non conformance occurs, the part is segregated and marked for further disposition and an NCR (non conformance report) is initiated with corrective / preventative actions to prevent further quality deviations.
Heartland maintains over 1,000 manual measuring instruments which it keeps calibrated with the help of Gage Track software. We also utilize an automatic CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machines) which we use extensively to insure quality levels are maintained. We enhance prints for quality control purposes including the development of inspection test plans. Quality control equipment includes:
- Brown & Sharpe Global Status automatic CMM
- Envelope: X=48″, Y=60″, Z=40″ with PC DMIS software
- O.D. and I.D. Micrometers up to 36″ with traceable standards
- Thread micrometers up to 4″
- Go/No Go Plug and Ring Thread Gages up to 3.5″
- Blade mics up to 13″
- King portable Brinell Hardness Tester
- Wilson Rockwell Hardness Tester
- Calipers up to 60”
- Precision Dial Indicators
- Sundstrand Precision Bench Centers
- Dial Snap Gages (2″-10″)
- Sonic Distance Meter
- (5) Digital Profilometers/Surftest
- Digital Thermometer
- Master Precision Level 15″
- (2) Surface Inspection Plates
- 4″ demagnetizer
Robust production equipment combined with a highly trained workforce and quality process enables Heartland to sustain the highest caliber service levels.