Heartland Enterprises is a leading large part stainless steel machining partner capable of CNC machining parts with diameters ranging from 2” to 42” turned and 2” to 30” milled. When machining stainless steels we understand that it is important to ensure that there is no dwell or rubbing caused by machine vibration or tool chatter. Our machines are capable of making the deep cuts needed in machining austenitic stainless steel without slowing down the set feed or surface speeds – meaning we will efficiently deliver quality stainless steel parts for your project.
Heartland has substantial experience machining duplex stainless steel as well as austenitic (304 and 316) grades, in addition to our capabilities to machine larger diameter parts of ferritic, martensitic, and precipitation hardening (PH) stainless steel grades.
Contact one of our experts today for more information about your specific project needs.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Machining
Lower alloyed grades resist corrosion in atmospheric & pure water environments. High-alloyed grades resist corrosion in acids, alkaline & chlorine bearing environments.
Fire & Heat Resistance
Special high chromium and nickel-alloyed grades resist scaling and retain strength at high temperatures.
High strength duplex grades allow reduced material thickness, reducing costs; cold-working austenitic grades results in a significant strengthening of the material’s work-hardening property.
From elevated temperatures to far below freezing, the austenitic microstructure provides high toughness, making stainless steel particularly suited to cryogenic applications.
The bright, easily maintained surface of stainless steel provides a modern and attractive appearance.
Cleanability & Hygiene
The easy cleaning ability of stainless makes it the first choice for strict hygiene conditions, such as hospitals, kitchens, abattoirs and other food processing plants.
Ease of Fabrication
Modern steel-making techniques mean that stainless can be cut, welded, formed, machined, and fabricated as readily as traditional steels.
Stainless steel is one of the most sustainable material choices available to decision-makers.
Applications Suitable for Stainless Steel
Stainless steel machined parts of various kinds are used in thousands of applications. The following gives a flavor of the full range of common applications:
- Oil & Gas – platform accommodation, cable trays, subsea pipelines
- Medical – Surgical instruments, surgical implants, MRI scanners
- Chemical/ Pharmaceutical – pressure vessels, process piping
- Industrial – springs, fasteners (bolts, nuts and washers), wire
- Domestic – cutlery, sinks, saucepans, washing machine drums, microwave oven liners, razor blades
- Architectural/ Civil Engineering – cladding, handrails, door and window fittings, street furniture, structural sections, reinforcement bar, lighting columns, lintels, masonry supports
- Transport – exhaust systems, car trim/grilles, road tankers, ship containers, ships chemical tankers, refuse vehicles
- Food & Beverage – Catering equipment, brewing, distilling, food processing
- Water & Sewage – Water and sewage treatment, water tubing, hot water tanks